end of the 17th century). Fredrikstad Museum edit Fredrikstad Museum is located in Old Fredrikstad. The museum shows the history of the city and the surrounding region. The temporary fortification built during the Hannibal War (16441645) between Sweden and Denmark-Norway, became permanent in the 1660s. Prior to 1877, the name was spelled Frederiksstad, then from it was written as Fredriksstad, and finally since 1889 it has been spelled in its current form: Fredrikstad. For the hamlet in South Africa, see.
In the 1840s, timber exporting from Fredrikstad nissan bergen vest started to gain momentum. Ole Peter Petersen, founder of Methodism in Norway Johan Oscar Smith, Norwegian Christian leader and founder of Brunstad Christian Church Dennis Storhi, Norwegian actor Harald Zwart, Norwegian film director Bernt Karsten ksendal, Norwegian mathematician Jon Mostad, Norwegian composer Jrn Andersen, Norwegian football manager International relations. Fredrikstad used to have a large sawmill industry and was an important harbour for timber export, then later on shipbuilding, until the main yard was closed in 1988. Borge, Onsy, Krkery, and, rolvsy were merged with Fredrikstad on The city straddles the river, glomma where it meets the. Fredrikstad also hosts a number of Norwegian floorball teams, like Slevik IBK, Fredrikstad IBK and. Coat-of-arms edit The coat-of-arms is from modern times. In 1735, a suburb on the western side of Glomma, Vestsiden, was founded.
The name Fredrikstad was first used in a letter from the King dated 6 February 1569. King Frederick II, and established as a municipality on (see formannskapsdistrikt ). Frederik II secondary school offering general studies and financial / administrative studies.